The position of the 2nd Staff Member for the DSF is available for the period 2019-2023 (work relating to the EAS conferences of 2020 to 2023). The person selected will be expected to work with Isolde Malmberg (DE) then take on the DSF Lead position for the conferences of 2022 & 2023.
See separate document: EAS DSF Staff Profiles. Please read carefully before making an application.
Key Criteria for Selection
- Must have been an active member of the EAS for at least 2 years;
- Must have already been involved in supervising doctoral students in music education;
- Must have experience of work with an international dimension;
- Must be concerned to enable the ‘doctoral student voice’.
- Should be able to attend the Malmö EAS conference and be prepared to engage with staff / be involved in some way in the Malmö DSF (e.g. ‘shadowing’ work).
Secondary Criteria for Selection
- Geographical spread: preferably having two staff members from different national scientific communities
- Experience across differing approaches to research (e. g. methodologies)
Process for Selection
Please complete the DSF 2nd Staff Member application form and send to the board member overseeing the work of the DSF: Marina.Gall@bristol.ac.uk.
The closing date for applications is Saturday 1st December 2018.
The selection will be made by the Doctoral Student Forum team together with the EAS Board. Applicants should expect to be notified of the result by 15th January 2019. They should then be involved in discussion about the possibility of shadowing the DSF work in Malmö (2019), and in discussions at/following the 2019 Doctoral Student Forum.