29th EAS Conference in Belgrade, Serbia
May 18-21, 2022
Link to conference platform & registration: ConfTool EAS 2022
Conference theme: Music and meaning
Host: Faculty of Music, University of Arts Belgrade, Serbia
Conference venues: Kolarac People’s University Building & Faculty of Music, Belgrade, Serbia and ONLINE (a hybrid conference)
Please don’t submit any more papers, the call is closed since November 22nd.
The main aim of the European Association for Music in Schools is to bring together teachers, artists and researchers who are committed to develop and improve music education throughout the countries of Europe. At the 29th EAS Conference in Belgrade we want participants to have ample opportunity to share ideas, create networks and discuss the following subtopics:
• meaningful music education
• music and its possible meanings
• music and communication
• significance of music and emotions
• musical identity
• music education and its significance in the community
Submissions are invited for:
- Research papers (20 + 10 minutes discussion)
- Practice papers (20 + 10 minutes discussion)
- Workshops (45 or 90 minutes)
- Symposia (90 minutes)
Overall quality criteria for submissions include: how well the submission relates to the conference theme “Music and meaning”, the relevance for the EAS network (music education in and around school work), and English proficiency.
Research papers (spoken):
Research papers are presentations of research projects. Empirical paper abstracts should include: background, aims, method, results, key references, and conclusions. Theoretical paper abstracts should include: background, aims, main contribution, implications, and key references.
Practice papers (spoken):
Practice papers present project reports, offering creative pedagogical ideas or explaining innovative approaches. Practice paper abstracts should include: theoretical background and context (characteristics of participants, time and place), aims of the project, method or pedagogical approach, activities, and outcomes.
Poster presentation titles and abstracts will appear in the Conference program. Presenters will be assigned designated times in the conference schedule. Poster abstracts should include: background, aims, method, results, key references, and conclusions. Specific information about poster dimensions and other requirements will be communicated to authors of accepted posters.
Information on workshops will appear in the Conference program and will be assigned designated times in the conference schedule. Workshop abstracts should include: background, aims, a short description of the activities, and implications for practice. Presenters may propose a 45 or 90 minute demonstration or workshop.
A symposium provides an opportunity to examine specific practice or research issues, problems, or topics from a variety of perspectives. Symposia may also use a panel discussion format. Symposia may be quite interactive: A large portion of the session may be devoted to activities such as discussion among the presenters and participants. Apart from the overall abstract, all presenters are expected to prepare an abstract up to 300 words each. Session submission includes 3 to 6 participants. Symposia abstracts should include: meaningful presentation, discussion, and audience participation. Submitters propose their own chairperson.
Publications based on the conference theme may be published in two issues:
- Conference Program. The abstracts of all accepted presentations will be published in the program.
- European Perspectives on Music Education. Volume No. 12 in the EAS book series “European Perspectives on Music Education” (EPoME 12) will be compiled based on the EAS2022 conference theme. The editors of the book will collaborate with the editorial board of the EAS. If you are accepted to present at the conference you will receive an invitation to submit an abstract of 1000 words together with the paper acceptance letter. The editors will also invite selected conference presenters and other experts from the thematic field to contribute.
Thank you for your continued interest in participating in the EAS Conferences. The 2022 EAS Conference Team stands ready to assist you with any questions or concerns. Please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.