The EAS announces an open call for applications to host an “EAS Regional Event” in 2023. The EAS wants to support events connected to ‘Music in Schools’ in different European regions, which aim to reach out to a broader European community of music educators. Also online-events can be considered!
The criteria for events to be considered:
- The event is organized by a legal institution or association.
- The event should last minimum 2 days and take place in 2023.
- One of the event languages is English, so there is at least one whole strand which is accessible to music educators all over Europe (there may be more strands in other languages).
- We expect a high quality content related to the main focus of EAS: ‘Music in Schools’ and in relation to the EAS Mission Statement
- The target group of the event could be: music teachers, music teacher trainers, students, schools, researchers, policy makers,
- The EAS National Coordinator of the country needs to be invovled.
EAS is offering for the selected regional events:
- official status of „EAS Regional Event“
- support in programming
- international recognition of the event and hosting institution
- announcement & advertising on EAS website & EAS social media
- financial support (600 € per event, in total up to two events can be funded)
- evaluation support
- EAS membership is not obligatory for the participants of the EAS Regional Events
If you are interested in hosting an “EAS Regional Event” please submit your proposal at the regional events application form (including topic/focus, hosting institution/organizer, target group, draft schedule, ideas for EAS involvement/possible presenters, usage of the 600 € financial support) till November 25, 2022. The EAS Board will make a decision at the Board Meeting in November 2022 and inform the applicants afterwards.
We are looking forward to your applications and to continue this great EAS initiative together with you in 2023!
For any questions, please contact the EAS working group for “EAS Regional Events”, Andreas Bernhofer (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Sezen Özeke (email@example.com)!