European Perspectives on Music Education
- Volume 1 – New Media in the Classroom (2012)
- Volume 2 – Artistry (2013)
- Volume 3 – The Reflective Music Teacher (2014)
- Volume 4 – Every Learner Counts (2015)
- Volume 5 – International Cooperation (2016)
- Volume 6 – Open Ears – Open Minds – Listening and Understanding Music (2016)
- Volume 7 – Creativity and Innovation (2017)
- Volume 8 – Joint (Ad)Venture Music (2019)
- Volume 9 – Make Music Matter (2020)
- Volume 10 – Schools@Concerts (2022)
- Volume 11 – Music Is What People Do (2022)
Publisher: www.helbling.com – Orders: office(at)helbling.com
Nature of the series
The EAS book series European Perspectives on Music Education (EpoME) takes a thematic approach to presenting scientific research, policy and practice in music education. Each book in the series is usually linked to the theme of an EAS conference and edited by a team which includes the conference host. It is not a conference proceedings, however. The contributions are peer-reviewed.
- Abstract invitation: In case of acceptance of your paper for the EAS conference you have the option to publish in the EAS book series European Perspectives on Music Education. Together with the acceptance letter of your paper you will receive an invitation to submit an abstract of 1000 words. NOTE: abstracts for the book will be peer reviewed, notice of acceptance/rejection will be given six weeks after the Conference.
- Invited Papers: Book editors may invite authors who are recognised experts in the thematic field and those whose EAS conference presentations have been identified as interesting or innovative.
All contributions follow a two-step review.
- The abstracts of 1000 words are reviewed by the team of editors.
- The chapters undergo a process of blind review by the EPoME Reviewers.
- Chair: Dr Thade Buchborn (Germany)
- Dr Isolde Malmberg (Germany)
- Dr Natassa Economidou Stavrou (Cyprus)
- Sarah Hennessy (United Kingdom)
- Dr Olle Zandén (Sweden)
- Dr Sabina Vidulin (Croatia)
- Dr Milena Petrovic (Serbia) – conference organizer 2022
- Margret Stumpfögger (France) – conference organizer 2023
- developing and supervising the series’ quality
- cooperating with the Conference host (book call, quality criteria of papers)
- appointing the editors
- appointing the EPoME reviewers
- supervising the editing process
- supporting the peer review process
- book presentation and visibility of the series
- communication with the publisher
EPoME reviewers are EAS members with proven expertise. If you are interested in becoming an EPoME reviewer, please contact the chair of the Editorial Board.
Call for Reviewers
In our book series, a double-blind peer review is carried out for each book. If you are an EAS member and experienced in English academic writing and publishing, and you are interested in joining the European team of EAS-EPoME reviewers, please send an e-mail to our chair of the Editorial Board, Dr. Isolde Malmberg malmberg(at)uni-potsdam.de
Your e-mail shall contain:
- Institution & Position
- 3-5 fields of thematic expertise
- YES, I want to be named in the list of reviewers on the EAS-website / OR
- NO, I do not want to be named in the list of reviewers on the EAS-website.