EAS has a constantly growing membership of individual members as well as institutional members. EAS members are music teachers, teacher educators, students, researchers, artists, policy makers and their associations/institutions working in school related music education in Europe. You can find here information on the benefits of an EAS membership as well as the membership conditions like fees and payment. EAS is happy to welcome you as its member!
Why should I become a member of the EAS?
- improving music education With your EAS membership you support the efforts of improving access to music for everyone from childhood and school days up to adult life.
- placing cultural education into the centre of the future Europe With your EAS membership you accentuate the need for strengthening particularly music education beyond all European economic development and political growth.
- being efficient within the network With your EAS membership you are an active hub amidst the fast-growing European music education network.
- getting together in Europe With your EAS membership you are able to break new ground and strike a new path in getting together with colleagues everywhere in Europe, in supporting one another and in learning from each other.National and regional music education associations enjoy the EAS as a helpful umbrella and as a centre of mutual information. The EAS enables you to mingle with other international associations and projects: ISME, EMC/IMC, AEC, EU-projects etc.
- benefiting from privileged personal access to the EAS website With your EAS membership you receive a personal user-ID and a password for the members-only section of the EAS website.Here internal details and comprehensive information on current issues round the EAS are made available to you – much more detailed and extensive than on the public sites.
- participating and creating: conferences and projects With your EAS membership you get support in participating in and creating meetings, symposiums, workshops and projects.
Institutional EAS-membership offers:
- Up to 5 delegates to attend the annual conference without paying the individual membership fee (the institution can nominate staff members or school based teachers with whom they work)
- One vote at the Annual General Meeting
- 2 years’ free membership for their students if attending the Student Forums
- A free table for display of information and other materials at the annual conference
- Listing on the EAS Website and link to institutional website
- Access to a Europe wide network of professional expertise in the field of music education
- Opportunities to contribute to the newsletter
- Advice on finding project partners, planning and implementation
- One free copy of the EAS book series: European Perspectives on Music Education (available at the annual conference)