The position of the 2nd Staff Member for the DSF is available for the period 2018-2022 (work relating to the EAS conferences of 2019 and 2020). The person selected will be expected to work with Thade Buchborn (DE) then take on the EAS DSF Lead position from 2020-2022 (work relating to the EAS conferences of 2021 and 2022).
See separate document: EAS DSF Staff Profiles. Please read carefully before making an application.
Key Criteria for Selection
- Must have been an active member of the EAS for at least 2 years;
- Must have already been involved in supervising doctoral students in music education;
- Must have experience of work with an international dimension;
- Must be concerned to enable the ‘doctoral student voice’.
- Should be able to be attending the Jelgava EAS conference and be prepared to engage with staff / be involved in some way in the Jelgava DSF (e.g. ‘shadowing’ work);
Secondary Criteria for Selection
- Geographical spread: preferably having two staff members from different national scientific communities
- Experience across differing approaches to research (e. g. methodologies)
Process for Selection
The closing date for applications is Monday 15th January 2018.
The selection will be made by the Doctoral Student Forum team. Applicants should expect to be notified of the result within 2 weeks of the closing date. They should then be prepared to be involved in discussion about the possibility of shadowing the DSF work in Jelgava and being involved in discussions at/following the 2018 Doctoral Student Forum.