The position of the 2nd Staff Member for the SF is available. This is usually for a period of approximately 4 years, although this can vary. The person selected will take on the role after the Jelgava conference March 2018 and will work with Hanne Orrenmaa (FI) (with support from Marina Gall). S/he will also, in time, be expected to take on the EAS SF Lead position.
See separate document: EAS Student Forum Staff Profiles. Please read carefully before making an application.
Key Criteria for Selection
- Must be involved in academic/research work related to music teacher education (this is because the current other staff
- Must have been an active member of the EAS member for at least 2 years;
- Must be able to attend the Jelgava EAS conference and be prepared to engage with staff / be involved in some way in the Jelgava SF (this could be just ‘shadowing’ work or could include some leading);
- Must have already been involved in working with trainee music teachers;
- Must have experience of work with an international dimension;
- Must be concerned to enable the ‘student voice’.
Secondary Criteria for Selection
- Geographical spread: preferably having one staff member from a ‘Western’ and one from an’ Eastern’ country;
- Experience across differing school age ranges.
Process for Selection
The closing date for applications is Monday 15th January 2018.
The selection will be made by the Student Forum team. Applicants should expect to be notified of the result within 2 weeks. They should then be prepared to be involved in discussion about the possibility of shadowing/leading some of the SF work in Jelgava and being involved in discussions at/following the 2018 Student Forum.