The EAS announces an open call for applications to host an “EAS Regional Event” in 2021. The EAS wants to support events connected to ‘Music in Schools’ in different European regions, which aim to reach out to a broader European community of music educators. Also online-events can be considered!
The criteria for events to be considered:
- The event is organized by an institution or association.
- The event should last minimum 2 days and take place in 2021.
- The event language is English, so there is at least one whole strand which is accessible to music educators all over Europe (there may be more strands in other languages).
- We expect a high quality content related to the main focus of EAS: ‘Music in Schools’ and in relation to the EAS Mission Statement
- The target group of the event could be: music teachers, music teacher trainers, students, schools, researchers
- The EAS National Coordinator of the country needs to be involved.
EAS is offering for the selected regional events:
- official status of „EAS Regional Event“
- support in programming
- international recognition of the event and hosting institution
- announcement & advertising on EAS website & EAS social media
- participation of one representative (EAS board member)
- EAS financially supports the event (eg. paying for a presenter / workshop leader)
- evaluation support
- EAS membership is not obligatory for the participants of the EAS Regional Events
If you are interested in hosting an “EAS Regional Event” please fill in the online form in English (including topic/focus, hosting institution/organizer, target group, draft schedule, financial plan, ideas for EAS involvement/possible presenters) till 10th of March 2021. The EAS Board will make a decision at the Board Meeting in March 2021 and inform the applicants afterwards.
We are looking forward to your applications and to start of this new EAS initiative in 2021!
For any questions, please contact the EAS working group for “EAS Regional Events”, Andreas Bernhofer (email@example.com), Sezen Özeke (firstname.lastname@example.org), Gerhard Sammer (email@example.com)!