This webinar is hosted by the European Music Council (EMC) and has been organised by Association Européenne des Conservatoires, Académies de Musique et Musikhochschulen (AEC), European Association for Music in Schools (EAS), European Choral Association, European Music School Union (EMU) and Jeunesses Musicales International (JMI).
Join us for the thought-provoking webinar “Changing Times: Music (Education) Still Matters” for which we have gathered high-level experts from the field of music education and music practices. During the webinar we will take a look at the current challenges music education is facing, including COVID, recruitment issues and maintaining music’s place on the curricula of schools across Europe. The webinar will also explore possible solutions and what the notion of cultural citizenship means for developing Europe’s societies. Jointly, the invited experts will look at what strategies and actions are needed for ensuring that music still matters in the future.
For further information and to book your free ticket please see https://mailchi.mp/emc-imc/chagingtimes_musiceducation
The webinar will be moderated by EMC Secretary General Simone Dudt and will feature the speakers listed below:
- Marina Gall President, European Association for Music in Schools (EAS)
- Stefan Gies Chief Executive, Association Européenne des Conservatoires, Académies de Musique et Musikhochschulen (AEC)
- Sonja Greiner Secretary General, European Choral Association
- Till Skoruppa Secretary General, European Music School Union (EMU)
- Blasko Smilevski Executive Director, Jeunesses Musicales International (JMI)
This event is open to all, so please share the link with those you think would be interested in attending.