We are pleased to announce that the seventh annual Doctoral Student Forum for Music Education will be held in Salzburg. The Forum takes place from 18-20 April and is included in the 2017 EAS Conference. It begins on the day prior to the main conference and participants will also be included in the main conference programme.
The aims of the Forum are:
- to give doctoral students, at any stage of their studies, an opportunity to present, share, and discuss their work in a supportive environment
- to give students opportunities to discuss methodological and theoretical issues related to research in music education
- for students in the early stages of their studies to gain feedback on their ideas and plans
- to enable students to join the EAS network which can provide valuable sources of support, knowledge and professional contacts
The Forum sessions will include peer led discussion and workshops given by Dr Mary Stakelum (Bath Spa University, UK) and Prof. Dr. Thade Buchborn (University of Music Freiburg, Germany).
There are 10 places available.
Click here for online application
The deadline for application is 10 January 2017.
All participating students will contribute a poster to be exhibited on the first day to facilitate discussion. These will be designed to present plans, initial findings or frameworks. An e-book of abstracts will be distributed to all participants in advance of the Forum. Participants whose papers have been accepted for presentation in the main conference are offered verbal feedback following the session, or in written form via email as soon as possible afterwards.
- Dr Mary Stakelum (Bath Spa University, UK)
- Prof. Dr. Thade Buchborn (University of Music Freiburg, Germany)