In the past few weeks, we have been exploring possibilities to keep our EAS network alive during the period June 10-13, the timeframe of the cancelled EAS2020 conference in Padova.
Below you can find a schedule of our online activities. We don’t have the ambition to replace the conference, but want to offer a few networking activities for the EAS community instead.
After registering you will receive an e-mail containing the links to the virtual rooms. We hope you will be able to join us in these sessions!
Wednesday June 10th
15.00-17.00 National Coordinators meeting (closed meeting)
Thursday June 11th
11.00 -12.30 Special Focus Group DigiTime meeting
14.00 -15.30 Special Focus Group SiME meeting
16.00 -17.30 Special Focus Group PRiME meeting
Friday June 12th
11.00-12.30 Music Teachers’ Associations meeting
14.00-15.30 “Singing in times of Corona” session (offered by SiME)
17.00-17.30 New EAS books presentations
18.00-19.00 EAS General meeting
The EAS announces an open call, among its members, for the positions of the National Coordinator, for the year 2020, for the following countries (applications by 5th of June 2020): Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Georgia, Lithuania, Malta, Romania, Russia, Turkey, and Sweden.
Dear EAS community
We are sure that you’ll understand when we inform you that the EAS board and Padova University have decided to cancel the upcoming 2020 EAS conference, owing to the COVID-19 situation.
Anybody who has already paid their conference fee will be refunded in full.
Although we cannot run the conference, we are now exploring possibilities to keep our network alive during the period June 10-13, using online tools. News about these plans will follow shortly.
Whilst we are sad not to be running the full 2020 event, the EAS and Padova University intend to plan a new Padova conference in 2023.
Finally, we are deeply grateful to Padova University, and especially Michele Biasutti. for their support, flexibility and collegiality during these difficult past weeks.
Hoping that you and your loved ones are healthy and stay safe.
On behalf of the EAS Board
Thomas De Baets
Padova is ready to welcome you! Registration is now open to the 28th EAS Conference, Padova, Italy, June 10-13, 2020.
The EAS announces an open call, among its members, for the positions of the National Coordinator, for the year 2020, for the following countries (applications by 15th of March 2020): Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Georgia, Greece, Lithuania, Malta, Romania, Russia, Turkey, and Sweden.
EAS National Coordinator: Role Description and responsibilities
The ‘National Coordinators’ (NCs) represent the EAS at national level. They support music education activities and initiatives in their countries, and they communicate these activities at European level. They may cooperate in this with other representatives of the EAS, primarily with the EAS board members and with the NCs of the other countries.
The NCs should in principle be able to:
- join the annual conferences
- attend the annual NC-meetings prior to the conferences and report on national developments
- present in the NC-Symposia during conferences
- contribute to the website and sometimes to international projects
- endeavor to build close cooperation with national and regional music education and music teachers’ associations in their countries
- distribute information regarding nominations for the annual Student Fora (Student Forum and Doctoral Student Forum) and nominate activate participants from her/his country involving a broad range of colleagues and institutions.
Applications till 15th of March 2020
Please send your CV and a (short) “Letter of Motivation” for the position of the NC to firstname.lastname@example.org (dr. Ruta Girdzijauskiene) by 15th of March 2020. The selection will be made by the EAS board. All applicants will be informed as soon as possible!
Upon appointment an agreement is signed for the period of two years (2020-2021) by the NC, the EAS and the respective institution or association (i.e. university, school, association).
Criteria for selection:
- Contribution to EAS: The NCs would preferably be colleagues, who know about the EAS and are EAS individual members who have attended recent conferences and contributed to the EAS’s international work.
- Professional Field and Country Network: The NCs’ professional field should be strongly related to music education in schools (e.g. specialized/certified music teachers, music teacher trainers, university music teachers) and should be well-known by music education networks, and recognized as good practitioners or well-known scientists in their countries.
- Motivation: The NCs must be interested and engaged in developing our common European network for music education and help to motivate people and institutions within their country to participate in EAS conferences and become individual / institutional members.
- English language: The NCs should, in principle, be able to communicate well in the medium of English.
We stated that we would inform you of abstract acceptance/rejection on January 15. However, owing to the extended deadline for submissions we will now notify you around the 7th of February. Apologies for any inconvenience.
The EAS board & the Padova conference team
The position of the 2nd Staff Member for the DSF is available for the period 2021-2024 (work relating to the EAS conferences of 2021 and 2022). The person selected will be expected to then take on the EAS DSF Lead position (1st Staff member) from 2023-2024 (work relating to the EAS conferences of 2023 and 2024).
We are pleased to announce that the 10th annual Doctoral Student Forum for Music Education will be held in Padova, Italy. The forum takes place from Tuesday 9th (14.00) – Thursday 11th June (afternoon). It begins on the day prior to the main conference and participants will also be included in the main conference programme. In order to attain the DSF you have to register for the EAS conference.
The deadline for the Call for Submissions for the annual EAS Conference in Padova 2020 is extended until January 15th, 2020.
Here is the link to the Submission page. Take your chance and submit your proposal to present at the EAS Conference 2020 in lovely Padova.